Amendments to LAT, ACRB, FSC Common Rules of Practice are now in effect.
The changes to the Rules include:
Rule 18: Reconsideration of a Tribunal Decision
- Reconsideration of interlocutory decisions is no longer permitted. Please note, if an order is made on a preliminary motion that finally disposes of an application (e.g. a decision made on a motion on a threshold issue), it is not considered an interlocutory decision but is considered a final decision and reconsideration may be requested
- Clarification that reconsiderations will be heard in writing, as is the current practice
- Clarification of the grounds for reconsideration
- As permitted by the Statutory Powers Procedures Act, reconsideration requests may now be assigned to any Member of the Tribunal, including the Member who decided the matter which is the subject of the request
These changes to Rule 18 will provide more flexibility and ensure that requests for reconsiderations are processed in the most efficient manner.
To access the rules and amendment to Rule 18, please see the links below:
- ACRB – Legislation and Rules
- FSC – Legislation and Rules
- LAT-AABS – Legislation and Rules
- LAT-GS – Legislation and Rules