IMPORTANT: Change of Mailing Address
Our office at 20 Dundas St. W, Suite 503, Toronto is no longer in service. Please send all forms, supporting materials and correspondence to the mailing address below:
PO Box 250
Some forms and documents may temporarily contain old addresses. Please disregard the old addresses and send all forms and documents to the address listed above. Updates to old forms will be made shortly.
How do I apply?
The AABS application has four steps that are explained in more detail below.
- Complete an AABS application form;
- Send a copy of the application form to the other party (this is called ‘serving’ the other party);
- Complete an AABS Certificate of Service form to explain how you have sent the copy of the application to the other party; and
- Send the application form and the Certificate of Service form to AABS and pay the AABS application fee.
1. Complete the Application Form
If an injured person is applying to AABS, they complete the Application by an Injured Person
If the Insurance Company is applying to AABS, they complete the Application by an Insurance Company.
These forms can be filled in on a computer or by hand.
2. Send a copy of the completed application to the other party or their representative
Make sure the other party gets a copy of your application. You can deliver it, send it by courier or mail, fax or e-mail it as described in Rule 6 of the Licence Appeal Tribunal Rules.
3. Tell AABS how you did this by completing a Certificate of Service Form
When you file your application with AABS, you must also submit the Certificate of Service forms that confirms that you have “served” a copy of the application to the other party.
Please visit Forms, Filing Methods and Serving Documents for more information.
4. Pay the AABS Application Fee
The fee to file an application with AABS is $100.00. The $100.00 fee is non-refundable once AABS has confirmed that it can go ahead with your claim.
You can provide the application fee to AABS:
- By cheque (certified), money order or bank draft, payable to the Minister of Finance
- By providing your credit card information with your application or
- In-person, by credit card, debit card or certified cheque.
Filing Your AABS Application
You can file your completed Application and Certificate of Service to AABS by mail, fax or in person.
If AABS requires more information staff will contact you. On the application form you can tell us the best way to contact you.
Note: Documents you submit to the tribunal are available to the public on request subject to limited exceptions.